Top things to do in Malaga
Spain is an earthly paradise which you simply cannot go through life without visiting, so here is our top things to do in Malaga – a very special and beautiful corner of this paradise where the sun never seems to stop shining:
- Visit the beautiful Moorish Castle of Alcazaba de Malaga, a wonderful spot that preserves so much history, beauty and the reminder of cultural melange between its walls. It started off as a Roman bastion, very long ago, and it was later transformed into a Moorish Castle in the 11th century. The towers of the castle can still be admired: Torre de Vela, Torre del Homenaje and Arco de Cristo.
- Take a stroll hand in hand with your loved one: you don’t have to go very far, you can actually stay in the castle’s courtyards, which are extensive and bathed in sun.
- Admire some of the most beautiful flowers in the city at the Botanical Garden, a feast for the eyes and the heart.
- Have some tapas in one of the nice classy restaurants in town. The local dish is a great treat: fun and imaginative and very tasty, so you will want to experience it. You will see that the acceptation of the term “tapas” is pretty comprehensive, so expect surprises – don’t be too stunned if you find sausages and bread and not just your traditional triangular sandwiches.
- Mercado de Atarazanas is the great market hall, a place to go shopping for virtually everything and anything. It is a light and fun place, full of life and the authentic spirit of Spain. You can spend a couple of delectable hours there.
- Rent a car in Malaga or get a Malaga airport transfer and travel outside town, to explore the surroundings of this beautiful city.
- Go to the beach! Let’s not forget that Malaga is an amazing seaside destination!