Top 5 European low cost destinations for 2016
Dearest readers, compiling a few international rankings – such as Huffington Post or Trivago – and our experience, we have come up with a Top 5 European low cost destinations for 2016. Look it up and tell us what you think!
5. Belgrade, the capital city of Serbia, is a beautiful destination, with centuries of history to boast with, a lively academic life – and nightlife – and beautiful parks and buildings. The Old Palace, Kalemegdan – Belgrade Fortress (the central park of Belgrade) and the restaurant-filled Skadarlija promenade should be counted in the list of things to see in town.
4. Veliko Tarnovo is one of the most prominent resorts in Bulgaria. An active university center set in a dramatic landscapes, between River Yantra and the forests above, it used to be the capital city of the Bulgarian tsars in medieval times. With lots of lodging and entertainment facilities, Veliko Tarnovo is a hot spot for… weddings.
3. Prague, the capital city of the Czech Republic, is a destination that couldn’t miss from the top low cost European destinations. Despite its communist past, Prague has preserved its historical identity and its amazing medieval architecture. Not to mention you can benefit from relatively accessible services, such as Prague airport transfers during your stay.
2. When in Russia and tired of the hustle and bustle of Moscow, go to Suzdal, a beautiful timeless Russian village set in the famous Golden Ring. If classical architecture is what you are into, you can find it here, among the churches and the 14th-century convent that give you a taste of tradition at its best.
1. Finally, we decided we’d award first prize to the European capital city of culture Sibiu in Romania. It is a beautiful place that makes you forget you are in central-eastern Europe, but makes you think of the great Occidental metropoles. Fortunately, the prices here are much lower than those in the West, so you can enjoy lodgings, entry tickets for museums and other attractions and Sibiu car rental that’s excellent value for money.